Offering for sale an alternative example of a Wrenn 4 Wheeled Coal Wagon with load model reference number W5034. This model was introduced by Wrenn in 1973 and production continued for a period of seven years until 1980. The wagon is finished in yellow with red logo and running depot Tilbury.
Wrenn also produced alternative models too during the same period primary difference colourway and running numbers. The item is complete with original box, inner yellow sleeve and packaging.
Commonly referred to as 12 ton Wagons (five plank sided), something like a thousand of these were originally built built between 1889 and 1893. These started off as 7T or 8T IRON wagons with quite low sides, but were converted to 12T with a distinctive continuous top panel and no stanchions. The 12 ton wagons would have been used mainly for deliveries for the smaller sheds and stabling points.